ERP implementation for institutional success
Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP) has signed an agreement with Ethiopian Airlines on October 23, 2020 to modernize its internal operations and improve service quality. The system implementation agreement project has been called as Project Abay .
A team of more than 100 people from both organizations has been formed to successfully implement Project Nile.
The project aims to modernize Ethiopian Electric Power’s internal systems with SAP S / 4HANA, a state-of-the-art system that enables it to perform its internal workings and services to its customers in a more efficient and modern manner. Accordingly, the following SAP S / 4HANA systems will be implemented.
– SAP HCM – for Human Resource Management
– SAP FICO – For Finance and Controlling
SAP PS – For Project Management
– SAP PM – For Enterprise Asset Management
– SAP SD – Sales and Distribution
– SAP MM – For Procurement and Inventory
– Analytics and Reporting – For Management Reporting
-A technology platform that will enable the successful use of the above – SAP FIORI, SAP BASIS, SAP Solution Manager.
Project Abay implementation will be carried out in three phases.
- In the First Chapter – Basic Financial Systems, Human Resource(HR), organization management (OM), personnel administration (PA), and payroll (PY)), billing, major procurement management project Work Sector Systems will be carried out.
- In the second Chapter – Human Resource Management additional Systems such as HR (Time and Leave, Performance / Goal Management and Employee Self-Service / Manager Self-Service (ESS / MSS)), Next Governance and Other Systems like Procurement, Plant Maintenance (PM) / Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) / Fleet Management and WCM (Work Clearance Management), Cash and Treasury Management will be carried out.
- In the third and last chapter – Management Reports, Additional Human Resource Management Systems HR (Environment Health and Safety Management (EHSM)), Warehouse Management System (WMS) will be developed.
Each chapter follows the following steps.
2. Explore / design
3. Realize / build and test the design
4. Deploy / run the system.
Status of Project Abay
The first stage in the implementation of Chapter one of Project Abay, i.e. preparation, has completed.
In the first stage of Chapter 1, the following works are done:
- Prepare servers and other necessary information technology resources;
- Provide training required for each system implementation;
- Conducting discussions and workshops to understand the current operations of the organization
- Carrying out other project support activities
Based on what we have just begun and future discussions and workshops, we will work to design a system. This will take in two months. The result of this process is the design of various systems.
We will also update you on the progress of the project in our next issue.
to be continued………
Message of our CEO on ERP implementation
There is no doubt that the ERP system is important for a resource-rich institution such as Ethiopian Electric Power. To this end, our company has started the implementation of the SAP HANA ERP system with Ethiopian Airlines and completed the first phase and has moved on to the next phase.
Reaching the key milestones of the project requires the active participation and attention of all stakeholders. Therefore, continuous monitoring and support as well as strong performance are expected from all sectors so that we can achieve the desired results in all major business processes. Therefore, I urge all stakeholders to work hand in hand to ensure the successful implementation of our systems.
Message from Ethiopian Airlines Chief Information Officer
An ERP application is a feature that always transforms the operation of an institution.
Ethiopian has over 10 years of experience in implementing ERP for itself and making the necessary improvements on a regular basis.
We deployed highly experienced experts in all areas required for the project implementation.
This will create great potential not only for the organization but also for our country.
I would like to assure you that we will use this capacity to work hard to complete the Nile project with the required quality budget and deadline.