Invitation for Bids
Expression of Interest for EEP training institution and Capacity building program
Country: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Project: Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP)’s Training Institute and Capacity Building Project
Assignment: Engineer and Architectural services to Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP)’s Training Institute and Capacity Building Project
The Republic of Ethiopia has received a financing from Agence Française de Développement (“AFD”), and intends to use part of the funds thereof for payments under the following project:
Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP)’s Training Institute and Capacity Building Project
Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP) is the Ethiopian public utility responsible for the production and transmission of electricity in the country. Through a financing from AFD of 10MEUR, the project will intends to address the issues of professionalization and reduction of gender inequalities in the Ethiopian electricity sector with the following sub-objectives:
– Build EEP’s capacity to ensure effective, proactive and inclusive management of its human capital,
– revitalize the company’s internal continuous training system, in particular through the construction of a training center,
– to progressively open this new training system to other operational and academic players in the sector.
The project will also have as a transversal objective the sustainable reduction of gender inequalities within EEP, resulting in improved working conditions for women within the company and an increase in the number of women trained for technical and managerial positions. The project will support partnerships with vocational training and higher education stakeholders to increase the number of women and girls in technic*al training courses in the energy sector.
Finally, by providing human resources with the skills needed to design, build and operate decarbonized infrastructure that is resilient to the effects of climate change, the project will be a lever for the country’s energy transition.
The Services of the consultant shall consist of Engineering and Architectural Services for EEP’s academy construction (approx. 54 months) to: prepare the conceptual and final design and technical specifications of the training center, to support EEP in the procurement of contractors and suppliers, and to supervise the implementation of the proposed investment and the performance of the contractors, in coordination and approval with EEP and AFD.
EEP hereby invites Applicants to show their interest in delivering the Services described above.
This Request for Expressions of Interest is open to:
|X Consulting firms||Individual consultants|
|NGOs||Joint Venture between NGO(s) and consulting firm(s)|
Eligibility criteria to AFD financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the “Procurement Guidelines for AFD‑Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries”, available online on AFD’s website: http://www.afd.fr.
The Applicant shall submit only one application, either in its own name or as a member of a Joint Venture (JV). If an Applicant(including any JV member) submits or participates in more than oneapplication, those applicationsshall be all rejected. However, the same Subconsultant may participate in several applications.
If the Applicant is a JV, the expression of interest shall include:
- a copy of the JV Agreement entered into by all members, or
- a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement,signed by all members together with a copy of the Agreement proposal,
In the absence of this document, the other members will be considered as Subconsultants.
Experiences and qualifications of Subconsultants are not taken into account in the evaluation of the applications.
Interested Applicants must provide information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform those Services. For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted.
Construction of the training center of the Ethiopian Electric Power including;
- Access roads and site preparation for building implementation
- Construction of classrooms, laboratories and workshops
- Construction of Dormitories with sanitaries, laundries
- Construction of canteen/restaurant with storage, kitchen, waste management
- Waste management for the whole compound with waste selection
- Sports playground
- Site fencing and security of the compound
At all stage of the design and construction:
- Design including energy efficiency and renewable energies,
- Passive solar design of building (bioclimatic)
- High Environmental Quality, including water saving, waste recycling, …
- Use of sustainable and local materials and equipment (low carbon footprint)
Description and Scope of services
Task 1. Design: preparation of the architectural and technical lay-out, drawings, technical specifications, final detailed design, bidding documents and procurement packaging for the various procurement categories, i.e. works for construction, supply and installation of equipment;
Task 2. Assistance in the evaluation of the bids and contract award;
Task 3. Supervision of works installation, assistance in quality control, timely completion of sub-projects, acceptance of the works commissioned on the sites.
Task 4. Technical monitoring and evaluation: definition of monitoring plan, assistance for purchasing equipment, installation of equipment.
Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
- A firm that has completed 5 similar projects in the past 10 years
- The contracts size for infrastructure and equipment (7.000.000 EUR);
- The nature of the Services :
- architectural services: full design of buildings including preliminary study, execution plans,
- engineering: technical design of buildings: civil engineering, infra and superstructure, electricity equipment and network, including the preliminary technical study, the detailed execution plans, the detailed technical specifications
- Scope of works:
- the construction of: buildings: classrooms, workshops, offices, dormitories, restaurant/canteen,
- external works: access roads, landscaping, car and trucks parking, external lighting, fences and security control,
- water and electricity supply, sanitation and sewage ;
- Proven technical expertise in : building engineering and design, architecture, landscaping, building design, work supervsision and commissioning, ecoconception, energy efficiency and use of local materials, project management,
- Proven experiences in designing and supervising buildings execution in Ethiopia or in East Africa for projects of a total amount of 7.000.000 EUR.
- Proven experiences in ecoconception, energy efficiency, environmental and social risk mitigation.
- Previous experience in Ethiopia or in East Africa is required.
- Previous experience in vocational training project would be preferable.
The Client will also take into account for the evaluation of the applications the following items:
- Skills and availability of in-house technical back-up experts provided to the on-site experts;
- Local representatives/partners;
- Quality assurance procedures and certifications : ISO 9001 and ISO14001
Among the submitted applications, EEP will shortlist a maximum of six (6) Applicants, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent.
The Expressions of Interest must be submitted to the address below in person or by mail or by e-mail until December 2, 2022, At 4:00 PM Local Time
The address (es) referred to above is (are):
Ethiopian Electric Power Procurement Office
Mr. Kefyalew Mergiya, Procurement Director
Kirkos Sub-city, Woreda 06, House Number 180/181, Mexico K Kare Center 1st Floor, Room No.01
Mr. HussenAdem, Project Procurement Manager
Kirkos Sub-city, Woreda 06, House Number 180/181, Mexico K Kare Center 1st Floor, Room No.01.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Interested Applicants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours: 8:00 Am to 5:00 PM (Local time Addis Ababa) Monday to Friday.
Ethiopian Electric Power (hereinafter called “Borrower”) has budget to be used for the Procurement of Plant Design, Manufacture, Supply, Test and Commissioning of; LOT-1: Plant Design, Manufacture, Supply, Test and Commissioning of 230/33 kV GSEZ Substation and LOT-2: Plant Design, Manufacture and Supply of Koka – Gelan TL LILO to GSEZ 230 kV Transmission Line for Geda Special Economic Zone Power Transmission Project through International Competitive bidding (ICB).
The Ethiopian Electric Power /EEP/ now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the procurement of Plant Design, Manufacture, Supply, Test and Commissioning of; LOT-1: Plant Design, Manufacture, Supply, Test and Commissioning of 230/33 kV Substation and LOT-2: Plant Design, Manufacture and Supply of Koka – Gelan TL LILO to GSEZ 230 kV Transmission Line for Geda Special Economic Zone Power Transmission Project.The Biddersshould have the following specific experience or capabilities
To get full click link below